The Senior Library welcomes gifts that aren’t already available in our collections. Especially desirable are works in mother tongue languages and small collections of related materials that would enhance our collection.
The needs of a school library are both varied and specific. This may exclude some of the items people often wish to donate. The Senior Library may not accept:
- Textbooks in used condition
- Books, journals, and magazines that duplicate our holdings
- Materials in poor condition or exhibiting signs of mold or mildew
- Materials that contain highlighting, underlining, or annotations
- AV Materials (DVDs, CDs, LPs)
- Materials that might cause the library to be liable for copyright infringement (i.e., copied audio and video recordings)
Gifts of materials to the Senior Library are much appreciated and have added many useful and well-loved items to the collection over the years. However, for each donation we accept, there are both immediate and long-term expenses to cover processing of the items and making the items accessible.
If you are considering donating an item to the Senior Library, please contact the Senior Library team to speak about the usefulness of your proposed gift. We ask that you not send unsolicited books directly to the Senior Library without first speaking to the Senior Library team.
If gift materials are not accepted by the Senior Library, we may suggest other options for your donation.