The Collaborative Zone aims to promote teamwork and allow students to work together. The tables can be configured for small groups to sit together to work on projects, three conference tables are available for booking with screens that can be connected to devices for screen sharing, and markers are available for brainstorming on the glass walls.
At one side of the collaborative zone is The Hive, the Senior Library’s makerspace. It contains materials and resources to promote thinking, creating, and learning. Visit the libguide or click on the images below to learn more about the resources and services available in The Hive.
- Collaborative Zone & Makerspace Hours (Term Time): 8:00am to 4:00pm Monday through Friday (excluding public holidays)
- Collaborative Zone & Makerspace Hours (Term Breaks): Closed
Ask for Help
- To book the Collaborative Zone for a class, event, or CCA, visit this booking link, or email the Hive team.
- If you will need staff assistance, materials from the Hive, or would like to plan a collaborative lesson for your class or event, please email or speak to the Hive team at least two weeks in advance.
- Please email or speak to the Hive team about your project to determine when the space, tools, and materials will be available. Some materials and tools will be available immediately; others may require advance planning.
- If you are working on a project for school, no fees will be charged. If it is a personal project that requires the 3-D printer or the laser cutter, a small fee to cover cost of materials will be charged.