- Books, DVDs and print journals: Use the search box at the bottom of the page to find books and media from the Tanglin libraries or use your school username and password to login to your library account here.
- Newspapers and Magazines: The Senior Library subscribes to a wide range of newspapers and magazines, including a full online archive of the Philip Allan magazines. A full list is available here. Past issues may be borrowed from the Senior Library. Usernames and passwords for online periodicals can be found here.
- Pressreader: To use Pressreader, an online collection of more than 7000 full-text newspapers and magazines, access the site or app while connected to the school network. For access from home, log in via OpenAthens.
- E-Books and Audiobooks: Senior school students may borrow up to three e-books or audiobooks for a period of two weeks from Overdrive using their school username and password.
Please use the links below to access information and resources related to the EE, the EPQ, citations, and academic honesty:
- Extended Essay (EE) Guide and Exemplar Papers
- Extended Project Qualification (EPQ) Guide and Exemplar Papers
- Citations and Referencing (Harvard Anglia)
- Academic Honesty
- Turnitin (Student Guide)
Please contact the Library Reference Team or stop by the library if you would like assistance.
The Senior Library has an extensive collection of research guides on a variety of topics related to research, reading, and supporting the curriculum, such as:
- Academic Honesty
- Citations and Referencing (Harvard Anglia style)
- IB Extended Essay (EE)
- A-Level Extended Project Qualification (EPQ)
- Research Skills
Find all of our research guides here.
The Senior Library subscribes to several databases, including:
- Encyclopedia Britannica (Key Stage 3): A general-purpose encyclopedia
- EBSCO Host (Key Stage 4 and up): An extensive archive of newspaper, magazine, and academic articles
- JSTOR (6th Form): An extensive archive of academic journal articles
- ProQuest (6th Form): A large collection of journals, databases, and ebook resources
Most of these resources can be accessed without a username and password when you are connected to the school network. Usernames and passwords for off-site access for all of the databases can be found here.
More information about using the databases is available in this guide.
How do I…?
Databases and magazines: Usernames and passwords for off-site access to online resources
Library account: To see what items you have out on loan, check due dates, and view your borrowing history, log in with your school username and password
Overdrive (e-book and audiobook library): Log in with your school username and password
Log into your library account with your school username and password to:
- See what items you have out on loan
- Check due dates
- View your borrowing history
- Put items on hold
- Find the replacement cost for books and textbooks
If you have lost or damaged your book and need to pay for it, please approach the staff at the helpdesk. Payment can be made either in cash or by cheque, addressed to Tanglin Trust School.
The textbook room is open during break (10.20am to 10.50am), lunchtime (12:55pm to 1:55pm), and after school from 3:00pm to 4:30pm.
If you have lost or damaged your book and need to pay for it, please approach the staff at the helpdesk. Payment can be made either in cash or by cheque, addressed to Tanglin Trust School. To check for the replacement cost of a lost or damaged book, log into your library account.
You can reach the Senior Library team by:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 6770 3554
- In person: From 7:30am to 6:00pm during term time or 8:30am to 4:30pm during term breaks (excluding weekends and public holidays)