How to Use the Makerspace
- Collaborative Zone & Makerspace Hours (Term Time): 8:00am to 4:00pm Monday through Friday (excluding public holidays)
- Collaborative Zone & Makerspace Hours (Term Breaks): Closed
Ask for Help
- To book the Collaborative Zone for a class, event, or CCA, visit this booking link, or email the Hive team.
- If you will need assistance, materials from the Hive, or would like to plan a collaborative lesson for your class or event, please email or speak to the Hive team at least two weeks in advance.
- Please email or speak to the Hive team about your project to determine when the space, tools, and materials will be available. Some materials and tools will be available immediately; others may require advance planning.
- If you are working on a project for school, no fees will be charged. If it is a personal project that requires the 3D printer or the laser cutter, a small fee to cover cost of materials will be charged.
Safety in the HIVE
Yes, you may with permission but depending on the item’s availability and the quantity you are requesting.
Yes. Please email the Hive team or stop by the Collaborative Zone to speak to library staff about your project and to make an appointment.
Yes, you are allowed to use the sewing machine for both personal and school project.
An appointment needs to be made in advance. Please approach any of the staff in the Collaborative Zone or email email@example.com.
If you or your class are working on a project for school, no fees will be charged. If it is a personal project that requires the 3D printer or the laser cutter, a small fee to cover materials will be charged.
During class and library events, the Senior Library will provide consumable materials free of charge, as available. Please consult with staff about the availability of consumable material before planning a project.
Yes. There are a variety of board games available for loan in the Hive.
Games on mobile devices or computers are prohibited.
Conference table bookings may only be made on the day you wish to use it.
Click this link to book a table.
Please email the Hive team to make arrangements to use the 3D printer or laser cutter.
Files should be submitted at least two weeks in advance.
You can borrow a board game in 3 easy steps:
1. Pick a game from our selection and let the Librarian know.
2. Exchange your student ID/ Food Card for the game pack to play.
3. When you are done, return the game pack with everything packed neatly and collect your student ID/ Food Card.
You can access the Lego station or Builders’ Block by exchanging your School ID for a Builder’s Pass.
This area is accessible during break and lunchtime only for Senior students. However, Sixth Form students can access it during their study period.
Please approach any of the library staff in the Collaborative Zone or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an appointment to access the Designers’ Section.
Alternatively, make a booking here.